F. James Healy, “Jim” is a shareholder in Healy & McCann PC. Jim has practiced law in Albany with this firm since being admitted to practice law in 1979.
Jim’s focuses his practice on representing businesses and individuals. He works with clients during the initial formation and then with them regarding the ongoing operation of their business, whether they be corporations, LLCs or partnerships. In addition to representing clients in the formation of their company he has also represents clients in the sale or transfer of their company, including multi-million dollar acquisitions by NASDAQ listed companies.
Jim also maintains an active litigation practice in the area of commercial litigation for his business clients. He maintains that he is a better business lawyer if he is able and willing to litigate matters that impact his business clients. In recent years he has handled a number of disputes between members of closely held companies involving breach of fiduciary duties, interference with economic relationships as well as other claims arising between co-owners of a business.
Jim also represents persons injured in motor vehicle accidents. He has successfully represented client in matters involving significant trauma including brain injuries, wrongful death as well as serious injuries to other parts of the body.
Jim is a member of the Oregon State Bar Association as well as the federal courts in Oregon. He is an arbitrator for Linn County Circuit Court and serves as a mediator for commercial disputes when requested to do so.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Commercial Disputes
- Shareholder and Breach of Fiduciary Duty Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Oregon, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1979
- Oregon College of Education (aka Western Oregon University), Monmouth, Oregon
- B.S. - 1976
- Ziebert v. Sun Valley Lumber, Inc et al, 198 Or. App. 162, 107 P.3d 668, 2005
- Ram Trucking, Inc.
- Los Dos Amigos Restaurants
- R. L. Reimers Co.
- Sullivan Construction, Inc.
- G & S Crushing, LLC
- Tri-W, Inc.
- Tri-W Group Limited Partnership
- Oak Park Farms, Inc.
- Radio Communication Services, Inc.
- Center Spot, Inc.
- Spot-Hogg Archery Products, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Business Law Section, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Litigation Section, Member
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Central Willamette Credit Union, Board of Directors, Member, since 1994
- Central Willamette Credit Union, Board of Directors, Board Chair, since 2005
- SafeHaven Humane Society, Capital Campaign Committee, Chair