1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Child And Spousal Support

Experienced Lawyers For Child Support Issues

When parents divorce or unmarried parents split up, both remain responsible for the care and well-being of the children. The child support system is designed to ensure that the best interests of the children are served, and that both parents contribute to meeting their children’s needs.

If you are a parent and are seeking child support on behalf of your children or paying child support, you deserve experienced legal guidance to help you understand and protect your rights. At Healy & McCann, PC , in Albany, our lawyers have more than 95 years of combined experience handling child support issues and other family law matters for clients in Northwest Oregon. The calculation of child support for the noncustodial parent is largely a function of the following factors:

  • The income of each parent
  • The amount of time each parent spends with the child
  • The cost of child care, medical insurance and other expenses
  • Special needs of the child

We can represent you in initial child support proceedings as well as modification and enforcement issues. We can also guide you through the process of establishing paternity, if necessary.

Spousal Support

When a marriage ends in divorce, it is sometimes appropriate for one spouse to pay the other spousal support (alimony) on a temporary or permanent basis.

Courts consider many factors when determining the amount and duration of spousal support, including:

  • The length of the marriage
  • Work experience and earning capacity of both parties
  • Age and health of both parties
  • The standard of living established during the marriage

Whether you are seeking spousal support or being asked to pay it, we can help you understand your rights and options under the law. Our lawyers are committed to helping you achieve a prosperous, post-divorce future.

Talk With An Experienced Attorney About Child And Spousal Support Matters

If you are seeking representation for a child or spousal support matter in Oregon, our attorneys are here for you. You can reach our law offices by telephone at 541-248-1440 or online by filling out a brief contact form.